Fall turkey hunt.

DayHunter433

Nov 5, 2013
Well, getting to do a couple of cool things on Sunday. First, it will be my first turkey hunt ever, and it will flat out be my wife's first hunt ever. Been doing a lot of research and have a location selected, haven't been able to do any scouting, and I'm sure this place will be crawling with other hunters. Just curious if any of you guys have been out this fall season at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a lot of hunters out there? Looking at an area in the Palomar mountain area, but don't want to encroach on a bunch of people.

Tim433 said:
Is there a lot of hunters out there? Looking at an area in the Palomar mountain area, but don't want to encroach on a bunch of people.

The short answer is yes. But don't let that stop u.

Sdbirds said:
Tim433 said:

The short answer is yes. But don't let that stop u.

Just gonna try to get there earlier than anyone else and get a good spot.

A buddy and I went out this morning Turkey hunting up in Descanso and didn't get a single yelp or gobble back at us, we will be trying most of next week to get our first bird, then hopefully our wives will stop mocking us... signed "The great white hunter"

Andy599 said:
A buddy and I went out this morning Turkey hunting up in Descanso and didn't get a single yelp or gobble back at us, we will be trying most of next week to get our first bird, then hopefully our wives will stop mocking us... signed "The great white hunter"

I'm not saying they won't. They don't gobble this time year like they do in the spring. I don't even Hunt them in the fall just because it's cooler to have them gobbling their face-off coming in you before you shoot them

Well, it was an unsuccessful hunt in that no turkeys were shot, but we did hear some bird talkin, just couldn't draw them in, and wasn't about to go climbing through thick dried brush in hopes of being quiet. Had two guys tell us there were no birds in the area, and I was starting to think they were right when we heard the chatter. Hopefully will be able to get at least one more day before the season ends.

Sdbirds said:
I don't even Hunt them in the fall just because it's cooler to have them gobbling their face-off coming in you before you shoot them

HAHA Man, that is too funny

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu