fall turkey season

josec said:
thats cuz theyre all on private property :mad:

Most of them but not ALL of them. There's a guy on another site that has killed more turkeys with a bow and all in the Laguna area. You're either good or you wish you were...........I wish I was :)

yeh i know the feeling after leaving palomar around 12 making a right going towards ramona just past the bakery about 25 or more turkeys just leaving someones back yard grazing like cattle

Breacher said:
josec said:
thats cuz theyre all on private property :mad:

Most of them but not ALL of them. There's a guy on another site that has killed more turkeys with a bow and all in the Laguna area. You're either good or you wish you were...........I wish I was :)

I'm in that second group for sure. I went out every friday of the season and only saw birds once; on private land.

Seems as though the consensus is that most of the birds are on private land. Just curious, has anyone had any luck getting permission to hunt private property by knocking on doors, introducting yourself and asking to hunt? I'm considering trying just that come January...

Get ready to hear no a lot, during the spring we get two or three people a week that come and ask. I have a friend that went all the way through Mesa Grande one year posting letters asking for permission, not a single land owner replied.

I do a lot of general handyman stuff, tree trimming, landscape, painting, and general labor grunt work. I've tried posting twice on CL offering to come do work and never got a single response either. I figured "will work for hunting access" would work. Even offered to all the work before the season even started. :(

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu