Fall Turkey Season

young gun

Aug 10, 2011
Hello All,

Sorry Ive been MIA, I posted on here a while back looking for a hunting partner willing to take a newbie (me) out for some hunts. Im posting again for the same reason. Im interested in going out for a fall turkey hunt. If im not mistaken the season opens next weekend (Nov. 12-13). I have all the gear necessary (licenses, stamps, shotgun, camo, etc...) and I am willing to split gas/food/anything else possible for anyone willing to meet up with me and show me the ropes or take me out along with them. I live in Santee so I am relatively close (30 minutes) from Cleveland National Forest and was going to do some scouting there tomorrow but as I am the new kid on the block Im not 100% sure on what to look for besides the birds themselves (i.e. habitat, trails, roosts).

Anyways, any feedback or help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I don't hunt fall turkey as they are not as responsive as the spring season and it is our deer season more of a spot and stalk game in my opinion. If you wan't to get into turkey hunting the spring turkey tune up is a great place for a beginner and can be helpful with there seminar's good luck and don't get discouraged you need to work hard it took me 2 years before i was able to get a turkey.

Thanks MSE.

Ive heard its challenging, but then again thats why Im doing it haha. Theres no fun in going to hunt something if there is not "hunt."

Fall turkey hunting is alot of fun,and its really easy to do.Try googling Californias Fall turkey Tactics,and you should find some good info.If you can get to the the turkies you should find deer there this time of year.I can't wait for next week so I can kill a bird while Im deer hunting.

Invisible man said:
Fall turkey hunting is alot of fun,and its really easy to do.Try googling Californias Fall turkey Tactics,and you should find some good info.If you can get to the the turkies you should find deer there this time of year.I can't wait for next week so I can kill a bird while Im deer hunting.

Ditto that.

Its fun to serve up roast WT on Thanksgiving Day too. Gives your granola head relatives something to think about yeh!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu