Few Gobbles

Cgruwell05

Oct 11, 2014
Escondido
Hello Fellas,

I noticed WAY less gobbles today than opener weekend, does anyone think this is related to a down cycle in gobbles with the last wave to come in the next few weeks.

From what I remember, gobbles come in waves. First is usually around opener then a lull and later the next wave come..

Anyone else noticing this?

Yea similar deal here. Hoping once the ladies nest down the gobblers will become more vocal and wander about. Although I think in my case, Sprigs right I may have some nonbreeding hens in my area.

Toms have 2 spring gobbling peaks......I do believe we're already thru the 2nd peak.....Doesn't mean you can't call in a gobbler, but it will get tougher as these birds are tired of fighting and breeding......Dominant single toms will sneak in or come in slowly. Always on high alert.

Patterning the birds will be more important, if possible.....Friday, I had gobblers in sight of our decoys and obviously heard two of us calling. They paid little, to no attention to us.....Had jakes come in 3 times this week. They're still roving around and when they're in a group. They will still fight (gobbled a lot too).

Stay after them.....Last year, birds were taken on the last day of the season......And they weren't jakes either...... ;)

This bird was killed the last week of the season last year.....Came in with 4 hens (probably gins)

Attachments

• IMG_7392.JPG
    IMG_7392.JPG
    926.6 KB · Views: 34
Experienced a noticeable decrease in gob blessed from opening weeken to last weekend

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu