Few Pix from this weeks turkey hunts...4-11-19

Awesome, Steve!

Can a turkey lose their beard?

Nick,

Apparently....I've been told there's a thing called beard rot with domestic turkeys....Maybe it can effect wild birds as well....Also, they can freeze off....We had some pretty cold weather this year, but I wouldn't think it was prolonged enough to lose a beard....1st one I've ever seen completely gone.

Fred....Yesterday was the 1st morning I didn't hear a gobble....I was near Fink Rd. on MCC....Other places are a gobblefest just before flydown, but pretty silent after that....The bird I got a couple of days ago didn't gobble till he got in tight.

Wg….Mostly MCC (Lake Henshaw/VID), but other private property too.

.002.JPG004.JPG

NICE pics Steve. A friend of mine just showed me one of those air guns, they seem pretty cool. Bolt action with an 8 round clip, pretty cool for a pellet gun.

NICE pics Steve. A friend of mine just showed me one of those air guns, they seem pretty cool. Bolt action with an 8 round clip, pretty cool for a pellet gun.

Mark,

Very cool....This thing is a .357....Killed a turkey last year in Bloomdale with it.

Awesome Steve! We have had a good time out there with no turkeys coming in close but have had fun talking to them with the fly down batwing that a picked up at the tune up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu