SUNP0040.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 10
  • SUNP0046.JPG
    SUNP0046.JPG
    392.8 KB · Views: 13
  • SUNP0055.JPG
    SUNP0055.JPG
    399.8 KB · Views: 11
This afternoon will be my turn to sit. Lucky Boxer shorts are on so, we'll see.............

I saw a doe and a nice 90+ inch forky with eye guards yesterday afternoon. ((Not big enough to bump G-team out of first place.)) The buck was bedded under my stand when I walked up to 15 yards. I froze and he slowly walked up the hill. I got in the stand and sat and 2 hours later he came back down and walked by at 50 yards. The greedy trophy hunter in me didn’t want to use my A22 on him this early in the season, but the killer in me would have shot him if he would of come into frame of my video camera. But he just kept walking and eating. I used the doe call but he wasn’t interested. I hope he’s still around when the AO re-opens.

Dang BH, I'm sitting in the jucuzzi tub in my hotel right now.... All that story make me want to do is fly home and get in my stand.... O well I guess I'll have to just go to the beach and pound coronas. I get back the 14th and I'll be in my stand the 15th

While at a funeral sunday on Palomar, I saw several bucks already chasing does. The first few deer I saw was near warner springs with a nice 3x3 chasing several does and on the way home near Ramona, I saw a forky chasing a single doe around also so looks like the rut is just starting.

Sat in the treestand for 11 hours today. Got out mid day for lunch. I'm beat. Saw the same 2x2 as last week at 7:15 AM at 50 yards, then he turned and walked uphill feeding. 8:00 AM I had 2 coyotes come in to 37 yards. Those things never stop moving........... I didn't range it and I shot under him. 9:00 AM a pack of 4 more came by at 60 yards. Stayed until dark and nothing else came in. I usually have a deer down by mid Oct so I'm getting a little worried he's the only buck around.

Went out this morning, the deer are definitely rutting in our area. Finally came to full draw on a nice buck this season but he never stopped to give me a shot. We came across a couple of small forks and my nephew decided to let them walk after he released his arrow. Some of you may call it a miss ??? Cool weather and bucks rutting good morning overall maybe tomorrow one of those bucks will want his 15 minutes of fame on the internet ;)

I sat in the stand for 4 hours this afternoon and didn't see anything.

Here is the buck I let walk at 50 yards on two different days. Now I'm kicking my self. Turns out he's a crab claw 2x3. Tall, wide, with mass. If he had more points he'd have it all.

Attachments

• 1381809337838.jpg
    1381809337838.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 1381809410975.jpg
    1381809410975.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Dude that must have been tough to let him walk. That guys got great mass I would guess him at 4-5 years old. He's not going to get any better but a really respectable buck for So Cal.

Looks like you passed on a shooter, :eek: but you can't shoot monsters if you shoot the first big buck that comes by. Now if he comes by a third time I say you put him down and see what he scores.GOOD LUCK !!

Just got home from Mexico, dam drive frome the air port took for ever, I'm goin to sleep in and be in my stand by 330-4 tonight !

ultimatedude said:
i think its time to drop that deer...!!! also it looks like you have mesh over your game cam..???

Looks like it may be a picture of a computer screen. Might be wrong...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu