Fiesta Island = Rabbits!

TheGDog

Nov 28, 2018
XX
Just got back from picking my boy up from a Youth Camp on Fiesta Island down in SD.

Wow... soo many uber-healthy nice big Rabbits, all over the place!

I wonder if you could get away using slingshot or some other primitive method there?

Just got back from picking my boy up from a Youth Camp on Fiesta Island down in SD.

Wow... soo many uber-healthy nice big Rabbits, all over the place!

I wonder if you could get away using slingshot or some other primitive method there?
I guess you could... as long as no tree hugger sees you.

I guess you could... as long as no tree hugger sees you.
I think it's considered a State Park, so you can't unfortunately. But it's just Criminal. They're all over that Youth Camp... and they're not even all that afraid of ya!

San Diego & The OC are the only counties in California where box traps are legal....Just sayin'....;)
Wow... really?... the Only ones? Hmmph. If I lived closer to an NF I'd definitely make use of that. The regs say must be checked every 24hrs.

I've seen quite a few in there early morning.. plenty of skunks too so watch out. Reminds me of an interesting article I read about how Coronado used to be known for jackrabbit hunting, long before the base or the hotels were built. Supposedly there's still a population of them along the Strand on the bay side.

I believe it Jason. There are some huge cotton tails on the north island naval air base! My wife works there and man so many running around. She just told me the other night she almost hit one and if she did she was prepared to bring it home for me :joy: cant imagine some of the guys there dont take a couple with a sling shot every now and then.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
I believe it Jason. There are some huge cotton tails on the north island naval air base! My wife works there and man so many running around. She just told me the other night she almost hit one and if she did she was prepared to bring it home for me :joy: cant imagine some of the guys there dont take a couple with a sling shot every now and then.

Ha for real.. I haven't been there for awhile. Might need to fish the pier there at North Island after work...

The fishing at North island use to be fantastic. When I was young older brother was in the Navy. It was different back then more relaxed.
We would fish together at a small Pier. And the rocks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu