Finally Found a BUNCH or deer

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
IMG_4620.JPG IMG_4637.JPG IMG_4653.JPG

Hey all,
Ive been hunting for a whole bunch of years and im 4th generation so its not new to me or my family but the last hand full of years as we all know everything has been slow. All my family's old deer spots all dried up and Because of the major time requirement finding new spots i haven't hunted deer in years. Well this year my wife and i made a pact to start early, put in the miles and find a good heard. Well it paid off already. the way i see it even if we don't harvest a deer and if this heard moves off and we never see them again we accomplished something i haven't in many years. We hiked forever and found an old abandon olive orchard on public land in D13 Not the biggest rack or body but he will be a good one in another year or 2

Way to dive back into it GSP. I love finding new spots on my own, and the anticipation of waiting to try them for the first time. Best of luck to you.

I bet that’s a neat spot and that is what I need to do this summer is get out there and find my own honey hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great find, and excellent quality pictures. DSLR with telephoto lens, or spotting scope mounted?

It’s my 15year old DSLR. I was I photographer for Uncle Sam. That camera has taken pictures all over the world. It has seen some crap but it’s like an old friend I just can’t upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: turkeyman 85
Way to put in the work! I hunt public land in Missouri near my sister’s house every year, so I’m ALWAYS forced to walk in without the proper scouting. I know if I got out there over the summer I’d have a much better idea of where to focus my attention. Hope you knock one down this season!

I heard in Missouri u could shoot they from ur own backyard they are all over the place...I got invited to Benton Missouri for a hunt

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu