Finally got my D16 buck done

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
I shot this buck in 2010. Originally I had Randomshot do a Euro mount for me but over the years I wanted to get a shoulder mount done. I killed a buck that had a really nice cape so I had it sent out and had the hide tanned. I had the cape at my house and before I could get all the parts over to Randomshot my son's dog ate the ear off of my cape. So again I was on a hunt for another cape.
Last year NBK shot a buck that had a nice cape on it and I was able to convince him to carry it off the mountain so I could get my mount done. Really happy with the way it turned out.
Thanks to NBK and Randomshot.
IMG_3128.JPG

Reactions: NBK
Wow Darryl, that is one hell of a San Diego buck. I am stoked for you, it came out amazing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu