Finally got some fishing in and an update from me

msailor

Jan 30, 2014
San Diego
It's been a while since I posted and wanted to let you know that I have not fallen off the face of the earth. My wife was diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer in November of 21. She went through 18 rounds of chemo and then 5 weeks of radiation. It may have worked as the last PET scan in December was stable with the tumor markers normal. Now we have to wait for the next PET scan in April to see if she is in remission. It was a rough time and we did not really tell many people about our situation as we tend to hold things close to home. She was in and out of the hospital a few times due to complications. My hunting season of course was put on hold and I did get out a little but not near enough to fill a tag. She knows that being outdoors is my escape even though I would not leave her side she did force me to get out. Which was a welcome break from it all. My buddy and I made it out to Whoford on Sunday and he landed a 9.1 Lb trout I helped him land it. We did not catch anything else that day. But it was great to be outside and enjoy time with the boys. I hope to be able to make it to the Turkey Tune-up. Sorry, I could not be there for the Jakes's event last summer.
View attachment 57612

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu