Finally hunting again

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I am putting this in the open discussion room because it will be a bit of a hodgepodge of a post. So I haven't Ben on the site much in the last few months because I bought a house in May. The last three months have been nonstop work building a granny flat and working on the house. I spent the entire weekend out with the boys hunting and fishing it was like a breath of fresh air. Hunted the valley twice, welton, once and fished Cuyamaca on Monday. Oh and I got a new Dog. So with that said I am back and ready to hunt. Gonna get out at least once this weekend probably for rabbits since they are easier for my boy right now instead of dove.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Dang Drew..........You've been a busy guy.......... ;)

Glad you're getting to gravitate back to hunting & fishing......... 8)

ps.......Great crappie for Cuyamaca...... ;D

Sound like a busy man! And love the new dog! Need to bring that Weim with you and put her on some birds!

ilovesprig said:
Dang Drew..........You've been a busy guy.......... ;)

Glad you're getting to gravitate back to hunting & fishing......... 8)

ps.......Great crappie for Cuyamaca...... ;D

We went to Cuyamaca with the intention of getting a bunch of Crappie. I guess they got super poached by a couple guys over 100 fish each every day for a few weeks before they caught them last month. Kind of a bummer they now lowered the limit on panfish from 25 to 10 and the population is literally depleted. It only takes a few to ruin it for the rest of us I guess. Still fun fishing jigs with the boys.

Nice, buying a home is always a chore. But now it is good you and your boys can get back in the woods.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Well done. Get those boys in the field and that Weimaraner fetchin. Always loved those dogs, aka the 'grey ghost'

She is a retrieving machine at 12 weeks. Reading a few books on Weims they are a different breed to say the least.

Attachments

• trudent 3.jpg
    trudent 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Tell me about it! I don't know if I will ever own another breed now though!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Unfortunately no, he is very well bred and I originally got him to hunt... Started working him... Had to go on a last min deployment, and when I returned he was too spoiled and lazy lol.

GatorBait said:
Unfortunately no, he is very well bred and I originally got him to hunt... Started working him... Had to go on a last min deployment, and when I returned he was too spoiled and lazy lol.
he looks like he may still be trainable.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu