Finally hunting again

TRICER

I am putting this in the open discussion room because it will be a bit of a hodgepodge of a post. So I haven't Ben on the site much in the last few months because I bought a house in May. The last three months have been nonstop work building a granny flat and working on the house. I spent the entire weekend out with the boys hunting and fishing it was like a breath of fresh air. Hunted the valley twice, welton, once and fished Cuyamaca on Monday. Oh and I got a new Dog. So with that said I am back and ready to hunt. Gonna get out at least once this weekend probably for rabbits since they are easier for my boy right now instead of dove.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Dang Drew..........You've been a busy guy.......... ;)

Glad you're getting to gravitate back to hunting & fishing......... 8)

ps.......Great crappie for Cuyamaca...... ;D

ilovesprig said:
Dang Drew..........You've been a busy guy.......... ;)

Glad you're getting to gravitate back to hunting & fishing......... 8)

ps.......Great crappie for Cuyamaca...... ;D

We went to Cuyamaca with the intention of getting a bunch of Crappie. I guess they got super poached by a couple guys over 100 fish each every day for a few weeks before they caught them last month. Kind of a bummer they now lowered the limit on panfish from 25 to 10 and the population is literally depleted. It only takes a few to ruin it for the rest of us I guess. Still fun fishing jigs with the boys.

Well done. Get those boys in the field and that Weimaraner fetchin. Always loved those dogs, aka the 'grey ghost'

Nice, buying a home is always a chore. But now it is good you and your boys can get back in the woods.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Well done. Get those boys in the field and that Weimaraner fetchin. Always loved those dogs, aka the 'grey ghost'

She is a retrieving machine at 12 weeks. Reading a few books on Weims they are a different breed to say the least.

Attachments

• trudent 3.jpg
    trudent 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Unfortunately no, he is very well bred and I originally got him to hunt... Started working him... Had to go on a last min deployment, and when I returned he was too spoiled and lazy lol.

GatorBait said:
Unfortunately no, he is very well bred and I originally got him to hunt... Started working him... Had to go on a last min deployment, and when I returned he was too spoiled and lazy lol.
he looks like he may still be trainable.

Back