First buck

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
With a little bit of work my buddy got his first buck. We back packed in last Friday about 4 miles in the dark and set up camp. Got up the next morning and walked about 200 yards to the glassing spot.

After about 5 minutes I found a buck way up high, about a mile away. We bedded him down and made our way up the mountain, around a 2,000 foot elevation gain.

We got onto a rock perched above where the bedded buck was, we waited around 4 hours for the buck move beds. He finally came out of the thick brush he was in and my buddy put him in the dirt.
Congrats Matt on an awesome buck, and a hunt to remember. c46f6ca19f34d8e3dbfb7363e2831ad0.jpg526294526804a73642789653c318247f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy buck! Well done G! That is so freaking cool for a FIRST! Congrats to the hunting trio.

And the story was exciting but too short. I want more next time.

Congrats that’s awesome! How wide is he ? Looks to be 23 inches ?

Talk about a clinic in how to hunt mulies! That’s a beauty. Matt’s fortunate to have you guiding him. Awesome work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu