First Coues deer hunt

Agreed, hell of write up and story.
That's one for the books.
Very well executed fellas.
Thank you for sharing felt like I was there. 15x Swarovski is the tool.

Great write up truduct! Looks like a blast. How do you like that 260 tikka? I’m thinking of getting one in the next few months

Reactions: TRICER
Great write up truduct! Looks like a blast. How do you like that 260 tikka? I’m thinking of getting one in the next few months
Great rifle, I have killed 2 deer, an elk, an Audad, and a handful of coyote with it. I am confident out to 500 with it. My only issue is it heats up fast so it makes trying to develop a load difficult. By fast I mean after about 8 shots you can’t get a consistent group. But for a hunting rifle you will never need more than a few shots hopefully.

Last edited:
Wow, what a story and write up..!! I felt like I was there..(And wished I was..)

Congrats all around..!!!

Excellent write up! Coues deer are so addictive to hunt, and I think are one of the toughest animals to hunt, mostly because the country is so rough and so damn dry and noisy. The equalizer for us is that there are a lot of animals in that country so you generally get opportunities daily. You guys killed it and did that hunt right. Hope you enjoyed it, enjoy those backstraps...

Reactions: BOWUNTR
@Truduct I felt the pain of carrying the pack up the hills just by reading your post! Its one of those brutal and yet satisfying experiences!

Congrats again guys!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu