First Coyote Hunt, No Shots Fired

Aeon said:
Coyotes hear and see all kinds of things. They adapt well to urban areas and to people walking around in the woods, call and try

Yes hand calls work great! Don't worry about what you sound like. Listen to some calls and imitate it. No wrong way to sound like a animal getting ripped up.

I have a couple of primos calls, the ki-yi, double cottontail and female whimper, are these decent calls? Ive been hearing good things about a call from Dogbreath. Anybody heard of these?

Haven't heard of Dogbreath but the one's you have show great track records. 2 weeks ago or so, I went out and we used an e-caller and nothing. Batteries died in the caller and I had my cheapo Primos Coaxer call. 3 30 second call sequences and I had a dog sprinting in from 800 yards. The ecalls are great for producing outstanding sounds and allow you to sit still. Nothing quite like the inflection you can put on a hand distress call. YouTube some videos on hand calling. Randy Anderson (I think is his name) has a bunch of good ones.

CobPipeMan said:
Im thinking to just get the ecaller, but continue practicing hand calls. Seems like it would take a lot of time to get good at hand calling, plus it drives my wife crazy when i do it in the house, freaks out her dog really bad. Last time I blew on the call inside the dog wouldnt come out from under the bed for hours.

LOL X2 here.

I just got the ICOtec gc300 for $40. on Amazon. Sounds great, need to field test it now. I'll let you (everyone!) know if it works ;)

rbduffer said:
CobPipeMan said:
Im thinking to just get the ecaller, but continue practicing hand calls. Seems like it would take a lot of time to get good at hand calling, plus it drives my wife crazy when i do it in the house, freaks out her dog really bad. Last time I blew on the call inside the dog wouldnt come out from under the bed for hours.

LOL X2 here.

I just got the ICOtec gc300 for $40. on Amazon. Sounds great, need to field test it now. I'll let you (everyone!) know if it works ;)

Ive been looking at that one too, cant wait to hear how it works out for you

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu