First day out........

Shmee22

Apr 19, 2014
Saw a total of 9 deer today hunting up in the Wrightwood area. 7 does and 2 bucks, 3x2 and 2x2. The two bucks were together with 4 does and I was able to get a shot off on the bigger buck. Honest I'm not sure what happened but my arrow flight was wobbly and not good. I put brand new fletchings on before season so those were fine. The only other thing I could think is that my Rocket mini blaster mechanicals engaged too early which ruined the arrow flight. Anybody ever have this issue?? Fixed blades for me for the rest of the season. Btw the buck was only 35 yards

Maybe test them on a broadhead target? Were you stalking them or shooting from a blind?

At 35 yrd doubt they engaged. You probably got deflection on a branch or something that you didn't see or one of the fetching came off. Have you ran into any other hunters out? I avoid the weekend crowds and go during the week.

Sent from my Torque

g791 said:
At 35 yrd doubt they engaged. You probably got deflection on a branch or something that you didn't see or one of the fetching came off. Have you ran into any other hunters out? I avoid the weekend crowds and go during the week.

We just got out of the truck and hiked in about 50ft and saw the group of deer. They must have just crossed the dirt road. I didn't shoot through any brush or trees so I couldn't have hit anything. Archery season up in the Wrightwood area doesn't get packed on weekends. We were able to go to our spots without anybody interfering. Now rifle season is a different story. Lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu