First duck for boy and pup......

Vermonster

Dec 14, 2012
Decided to get back into duck hunting after a decade hiatus. My 14 year old was itching to try, especially since we got a lab last year, she's now a year and a half old. So, we decided to Head tothe valley. I was going to go all the way to the river, but Steve gave me an idea closer.

This was going to be more of a training run, see what I needed (a LOT more stuff....lol), if the boy and dog liked it. We ended up doing more jump shooting than anything, kinda needed a boat for most of the area. Son took maybe 10 shots, missed them all. Did some training with the dog, since it was the first time she had been shot over. Not startled in the slightest, so thats great.

Anyway, the last stop of the day, my son finally connected on a nice teal. Beautiful birds. Hes hooked, dog is hooked, and we will definately be going back. Guess I just need to drop some more coin on a variety of things....... ;)Screenshot_20201219-122235_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu