First Fish!

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Took my family up to mammoth this weekend with a goal of helping my son catch his first fish.

He is almost 4 (in September) and talked about catching a fish this big (hands stretched wide apart). Every morning he would wake me up asking if today was the day we were going.

We hiked up to TJ Lake one of the days and had the lake to ourselves for several hours until 10 college age kids came blasting music / cliff diving. At least it was peaceful for a while (3rd photo). I am wet in those photos because my daughter (almost 2) has zero fear of water and thinks she can swim already. She dove into the lake, I hear my wife yell and look over to see her head go under water. Dropped everything and dove in / grabbed her. I thank God she wasn't under more than a couple of seconds by the time I got there. It was quite scary in the moment but also had us laughing afterwards.

E9739984-19A7-44CE-A39C-722D4B52CAD5.jpeg
7998A2AB-7EE1-425E-8A4A-D802677ED154.jpeg
31EACB4F-F808-4C17-ABA1-70541DFD3DE6.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu