First limit of the season

Sep 4, 2014
Vista
Little late in the season but made it happen on camp Pendleton. Got a limit sat morn done by 9:30. Seems like that big storm we had up north pushed some birds down. Saw all sorts of waterfowl tried holding out for bigger ducks to include the the hollywoods but they all taste the same when made into jerky.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 58
Nice job PH! That jerky looks tasty!

Give us the rundown of how the jerky is made from the start please...

My Jerky batches will start at the end of the month. This is making my mouth water though.

So first is to cut the ducks/geese into thin strips and I marinated them overnight. I found this recipe online but didn't use all the ingredients. I just used what I had available and it came out amazing. I let it sit in my dehydrated for about 4 hrs or so. The first batch I made is already gone that's how good it turned out. I didn't use the Worcestershire sauce or the liquid smoke. it's up to you if you like your jerky a little spicy or not you can add Tabasco.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 48
Nice! Gadwall,pintail, spoony and some good jerky.....I do the same thing with my duck or I make duck fried rice.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu