First of many...

Where do things currently stand on what is legal and what is not legal for your AR?

Mine had a bullet-button in it. But somebody told me that if you went featureless (weird Thorsden stock) you didn't need that anymore, so I reverted back to regular mag release.

But then, even more recently I read something where it said the mag has to be fixed?

And I mean... for the most part I want to be law-abiding... but for goodness sakes they keep changing things at an even more accelerated rate now!

So just figured I'd ask the question out loud as far as what constitutes an AR where they'll leave ya the Hell alone?

Where do things currently stand on what is legal and what is not legal for your AR?

Mine had a bullet-button in it. But somebody told me that if you went featureless (weird Thorsden stock) you didn't need that anymore, so I reverted back to regular mag release.

But then, even more recently I read something where it said the mag has to be fixed?

And I mean... for the most part I want to be law-abiding... but for goodness sakes they keep changing things at an even more accelerated rate now!

So just figured I'd ask the question out loud as far as what constitutes an AR where they'll leave ya the Hell alone?

Well right now you can have both featureless and fixed. The only thing is that you can’t use standard capacity mags with the fixed( if got some 30’s during freedom week)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
FYI this installation will allow the hammer to operate when broken down if the trigger is depressed. Got to be safe on this one. But, I do like the mod.

If it's legal it's all good. What'd you build there?
Nothing fancy...something cheap to beat around....5.56 Anderson lower, mag pull stock, handle and MBUS sights with a PSA complete upper.
For now Im using my deer rifle scope and a cheap red dot.

I have another lower that I want to eventually build another riffle and I'm thinking about a 6.5 Grendel.

I had to go look up Kali Key...how come you went with that option?

I went with the KaliKey because I really didn’t need a semi auto .308 but love the platform, keep it the way I like it and not go featureless or mag lock. The upside is I enjoy it, take time with my shots and the kids hate it so I save ammo and don’t get them doing mag dumps. I have one of my .223’s with the KaliKey. So I ordered the one for the .308 hopefully should have it soon.

Reactions: MarceloF
I went with the KaliKey because I really didn’t need a semi auto .308 but love the platform, keep it the way I like it and not go featureless or mag lock. The upside is I enjoy it, take time with my shots and the kids hate it so I save ammo and don’t get them doing mag dumps. I have one of my .223’s with the KaliKey. So I ordered the one for the .308 hopefully should have it soon.
Thanks for the reply...At least it seems faster than a regular bolt and if you want to turn into a semi auto is a simple swap.

Reactions: dirtriddr

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu