First one with a bow for me

Jawbreaker

Apr 6, 2023
Was going to check mt trail cameras today but decided to try and call in coyotes with my bow. I’ve killed tons with my rifle and shotgun but have been able to put it together with my bow.
This guy came in at around 10 minutes and I couldn’t get him to stop so at around 18 yards I let him have it and didn’t leed him enough so I hit hi too far back. He spun a few time, started running towards me and died 5’ from where I was standing.
Nothing like getting them in close.
Bonus, I saw a dozen turkeys in the same area and I didn’t think there were turkeys in that spot. IMG_1541.jpeg

Congrats on the Mutt with a stick !

Seriously, I've actually never heard of anyone eating one. Ewwww! Most all the ones I've kilt have had mange, fleas etc........maybe if you pour gas all over it, light it, burn it to a crisp, wrap it in bacon, douse it in ketchup, then burn it again ;)

Here is the best recipe for coyotes.
place seasoning of your liking in a pot with carrots, onions, bell peppers, 1 clove of garlic(crushed), 2 tablespoons of salt and some coyote meat cut into 2" cubes.
Boil for 10 minutes and let simmer for 30 minutes. Pour out the contents of the pot through a strainer into a bowl and throw away the contents of the strainer. Use the liquid in the bowl as paint remover or weed killer, it works great for both.

Impressive bowshot on the coyote, though a bit back. Exciting to get them in close! Surprising find with the turkeys too. COngrats

Reactions: YETI

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu