First rabbit success

samiam

Sep 5, 2015
e0b29f05ed9598eb864d3fd9e60968d1.jpg
a483ca72e10708db3144f896d47dc735.jpg

First successful hunt for jacks. Was out south of Barstow. Third try at this and finally successful. Walked for three and a half hours with nothing and then saw three within 40 minutes. Two shots, two rabbits. Pics are both of the second one. Forgot to get a pick of the first. After I got the first one I was too caught up with trying to remember how to skin/gut the thing. Still have yet to see a jack standing still so I've determined I just need to keep walking. Walked past the first one and he bolted 10 yards behind me, got a shot around 20 yards out. Second one was about 30 yards out as I was able to take my time and wait for the right shot.

This could get addicting as long as I can make them edible. Plan on brining and smoking them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job samiam - now get back out there and do it again! ;)

Get out there before sunrise. As the sun comes up they like to sit on the west side of bushes. Skylighted! .223 time!

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback. I'll definitely get back out there soon. Now to find a spot for quail!

congrats, that's a fat jack... our desert jacks are mostly skin and bones :)

Hello newbie here. I am looking for a place to bow hunt some for nice rabbit's. I live next to lake perries but they only let shotgunning. Please help....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu