First time Turkey Hunting

FN,

Those turkeys around the Lake Henshaw Resort get a lot of attention and are tempting...Just a word to the wise...Don't be like this guy that I caught hunting next to the cabins last week...Crossbow, decoy, and a brain the size of a pea.

Lots of poaching this year...Another bow hunter today in the campground...:(

ps...Not insinuating you would do something like this.

.IMG_0930.JPG

So did he recieve his just rewards for fish and wildlife ? ( I hope so) all of us up here don't hesitate to call law enforcement as well as go toe to toe with them when it can be done safely

FN,

Those turkeys around the Lake Henshaw Resort get a lot of attention and are tempting...Just a word to the wise...Don't be like this guy that I caught hunting next to the cabins last week...Crossbow, decoy, and a brain the size of a pea.

Lots of poaching this year...Another bow hunter today in the campground...:(

ps...Not insinuating you would do something like this.

.View attachment 48687
Wow, what a dummy. No I wouldn’t think of doing anything stupid. I went over to the love valley area and didn’t really see or hear anything other than cows. Saw another hunter there who said he was there all week and only saw 2 hens but no jakes or toms.

So did he recieve his just rewards for fish and wildlife ? ( I hope so) all of us up here don't hesitate to call law enforcement as well as go toe to toe with them when it can be done safely

Fred,

He got nothing other than they took his crossbow and wouldn't give it back till he left camping there.

Only a sheriff showed up and since he hadn't fired a shot (that was witnessed too) or had a turkey...He was let go since he had paid to camp (no trespassing).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu