First turkey!

Brian marable

Nov 22, 2017
Temecula
took me long enough but i finally got one! Heard some gobbles in the morning that we’re heading in the opposite direction around 7am. Around 745 sounded like they were coming back so I hit my box call. A bit of back and fourth calling then they got quite for about 20 minutes. Then I heard a gobble extremely close, so close that i felt like i didnt have to call anymore. Next thing you know a big Tom walks by me out of no where and I was waiting for him to get behind me so I can turn around and shoot. then another one pops out so I leaned forward and boom!!!! My first bird down!! 9” beard from what was left, some of if fell off and seems like the bird had some beard rot.3DA5A353-8212-4E77-B4CD-5AA286951DA9.jpeg423A4036-537C-460A-83FF-A27C02A87BBC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
More bird ..less beard.... outstanding turkey!!! Strong work...I love yard bird season!!

Reactions: Brian marable

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu