Florida-strain Bass changed the world of Bass fishing..

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho

Interesting article I was sent about the introduction of Florida Bass to San Diego waters. I knew we grew big Bass down there but I never knew they came from Florida. We need some of those out here in Idaho..not sure how well they'd do in this climate.

George,

It has been well documented about the Florida strain bass in SD Co. and Southern California....When I started bass fishing there were only northern strain...Then the introduction and the boom of bass fishing...It has come full circle and nowadays a 10 lb fish makes the news...Where as before, it was an everyday occurrence.

vail lake 1995.jpg

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu