FNG SAN DIEGO FROM S.C.

Eddiem0nster

Jul 8, 2020
My name is Eddie, I'm 29, born and raised in York, South Carolina. I currently live in Point Loma/San Diego. Served six years in the US Navy as a search and rescue swimmer. Got out and stayed in San Diego California, been 0ut about 5 years, lots of hardship trying to find my purpose. Just got hired on with La County Fire Department. With the benefits/pension of LA County its a no brainer I will have to ride out the next 14 years or so out here. Since I was in the military I had no time to commit to bow hunting and I barely could make it home to hunt. Living in Cali is not really ideal but with La County fire I can build a decent life for myself. I'm honestly looking forward to serving the people and saving lives just like I did in the military. I hate that I won't be able to be back home and do all the things I love regarding hunting but I'll be able to make enough money to go on guide trips and that's the goal. Work my ass off and go on one badass trip somewhere a year and create some awesome memories. Being at the level of hunter I am it only seems the next step is bowhunting. I'm looking to build my network of hunters outside my hometown friends. My main thing is looking for forums about hunting outfitters and things revolving that so when I do pull the trigger I know it will be a well thought out calculated decision. I'm also trying to get into the mule deer out here in California which involves packing in and camp using the spot/stalk method. I just built a sales order for a new Matthews bow and I'll most likely go on a hog hunt in central, ca to break the jitters, and knock something down. I'm very happy to be here and can't wait to be in the woods again, felt like I haven't seen a tree in a long time, haha.

Shoutout to JakeSCH off Rokslide forums telling me about this place I prob. never would've come across. Cheers.

IMG_2005.jpegIMG_2017 (1).jpegIMG_0944.jpegIMG_2016.jpeg

Eddie,

Welcome to SCH...Congrats on getting that dream job... :clap:

Great pictures...Look forward to your adventures here in Cali...Did you hunt turkeys in S.C.?

ps...My cousin I stay with in Montana spend about 30+ years with LA County fire dept. and there are others on here from LACFD.

pss...Thank you for your service.

Reactions: Eddiem0nster
Welcome Eddie and thank you for your service and that's awesome about the next step in your career. Looks like you've had some nice bucks over the years..way to go! We're kinda neighbors..Im down in IB and just got my first bow back in Feb..there's an outdoor archery range and course in Balboa you should definitely look into checking out once you get your bow.

Eddie,

Welcome to SCH...Congrats on getting that dream job... :clap:

Great pictures...Look forward to your adventures here in Cali...Did you hunt turkeys in S.C.?

ps...My cousin I stay with in Montana spend about 30+ years with LA County fire dept. and there are others on here from LACFD.

pss...Thank you for your service.

Hey, thank you so much. I did a little turkey hunting, pretty fun since they are so responsive to calling. We used to have them on the farm so I got plenty of practice making them talk. Montana sounds like a pretty sweet place to settle post-career. It would def. be cool to link up some fellow hunters within LACo

Reactions: ilovesprig
Welcome Eddie and thank you for your service and that's awesome about the next step in your career. Looks like you've had some nice bucks over the years..way to go! We're kinda neighbors..Im down in IB and just got my first bow back in Feb..there's an outdoor archery range and course in Balboa you should definitely look into checking out once you get your bow.

Thank you, I'm super pumped and it couldn't have worked out better. Oh most definitely going to do that. I'm actually going to performance archery and taking the lady to shoot some tomorrow. What bow did you get? We will have to link up sometime over there and shoot.

Welcome. Nice bucks there. And thank you for your service......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Welcome. Nice bucks there. And thank you for your service......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank you, time to focus on the new species :) might take me some time to get settled into the new career but once I do, its game on. cheers

Reactions: CAL'NDN
Thank you, I'm super pumped and it couldn't have worked out better. Oh most definitely going to do that. I'm actually going to performance archery and taking the lady to shoot some tomorrow. What bow did you get? We will have to link up sometime over there and shoot.
Yea man I usually try to go early in the weekend when im off. I'm new to hunting altogether only just got my 3rd hunting license for SD and my first Idaho bull elk tag. This will be my first year doing archery with my A22 tag. Haven't harvested a big game animal but man I love the chase. I picked up a Diamond Archery Edge 320 over at the Bow N Arrow shop for my first bow. It shoots tight groups at 30 and 40 yds so I'm super happy with it.

Welcome Eddie! I wish you the best of luck in your career. I visit family in South Carolina all the time, nice place and good food.. can't wait to visit again (but not in the summer!).

Yea man I usually try to go early in the weekend when im off. I'm new to hunting altogether only just got my 3rd hunting license for SD and my first Idaho bull elk tag. This will be my first year doing archery with my A22 tag. Haven't harvested a big game animal but man I love the chase. I picked up a Diamond Archery Edge 320 over at the Bow N Arrow shop for my first bow. It shoots tight groups at 30 and 40 yds so I'm super happy with it.
That Elk tag sounds pretty fun, you planning a DIY hunt or going with an outfitter?

Hey welcome to SCH congrats on the new job and gotta give you a shout out for your service !!! I recently was in SC went to Columbia my daughter is in Georgia . Her husband is Air Force stationed at Fort Gordon . On their off days they like to hang out in a little town called Aiken . I hope you get to make it home sometime now with the new job giving you the time isn't it like 4 on , 4 off, with the FD ?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu