Forests Closed - FYI

I just called the DF&W. CLEVELAND NF IS NOT OPEN
It was open when I drove through it earlier today. Campgrounds, trailheads are open again. All of the barricades at some turnouts with closed signs are gone, and the National Forest website says it’s open as of today. DFW gave you bad info.

Reactions: YETI and Yobiwon
Any good recommendations on hunter friendly camp grounds around Idywild? Now that dispersed camping is a no go. Only reason I ask is because a lot say no firearms in their camp rules. States got us by the balls here!!! Car camped off the 74 Last night but trying to avoid it. What is everyone else doing!?

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
Maybe lake Hemet. There was a ton of people there this weekend. Not sure about their firearm policy is.

I was in the Las Padres NF, it was about 11 am they opened the gate.
I saw a big buck Friday, could not find him Saturday

As for the stoves, no one I saw was obeying the order. Las Padres is a tinder box.

I was in the Las Padres NF, it was about 11 am they opened the gate.
I saw a big buck Friday, could not find him Saturday

As for the stoves, no one I saw was obeying the order. Las Padres is a tinder box.
People camping?

I was on the south side of Palomar near Aguanga over the weekend. Apparently, the road goes through a sliver of private land and the owner set up a Hip Camp there. There were about 8 sites camping. Wood fires!

That area gets pop-up canopies and bbq grills on opening weekend. Quail hunters walking and deer hunters stalking don’t mix very well. Of course, I still end up there every year.

Reactions: Yobiwon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu