Foster Son's first ducks

Ahidog

Jul 10, 2012
Took my foster son to Wister in the sweatline today got some help from a friend in blind selection. We could not get much to decoy but he got his first bird on his first shot...a natural. Unfortunately the rest of the day we could not get much to decoy and I told him THIS FAMILY DOES NOT SKYBUST. So we took what nature gave us and knocked down three hen pins.

Attachments

• DSCF1101 copy.jpg
    DSCF1101 copy.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 37
  • Ahi.png
    Ahi.png
    929.3 KB · Views: 85
Nice talking to you last night.........Sounds like you spent some quality time together........Great going.

How far is a sky busting shot??? Iv seen dudes dump birds consistently at long ranges 50 yards+

Just curious

stikbrandon said:
How far is a sky busting shot??? Iv seen dudes dump birds consistently at long ranges 50 yards+

Just curious
Due to my relative newness to hunting I feel 40-50 is my max and he is greener than I am. He did take some 70-80 yd shots early that is why I put it in there. If you are really confident and can shoot ducks at long range fine, I like it when they come in.

ilovesprig said:
msteiger said:
I just learned a new word.

Skybust?................ ;D

Yep. Never heard that before. I'm going waterfowling next weekend for the first time. It's good to start getting the lingo down.

I'm new too. But in dove hunting I've learned there are some shots I know I can't make.

msteiger said:
ilovesprig said:
msteiger said:
I just learned a new word.

Skybust?................ ;D

Yep. Never heard that before. I'm going waterfowling next weekend for the first time. It's good to start getting the lingo down.

I'm new too. But in dove hunting I've learned there are some shots I know I can't make.

You'll get to know that word very well at Wister & San jacinto........lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu