Found out what that smell was !!!!!!!

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
My chest freezer in the garage is running but at room temp. FOR DAY’S now……….! F&%K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: There went all my venison. On my way home to deal with the soup dripping out of it. :eek:

The thought of this loss has made me just sick. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

The freezer was only 3 years old. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That sucks Jim. My buddy left the door cracked on his and it ran WFO for hours til compressor burned up. when he finally discovered it he had lost 1/2 an elk, several ducks,a bunch of wahoo,and at least one limit of lobsters. Blood soup covered the garage floor.I hope all is not lost.

I had one that went out a few years back. My new one has a digital display and an audible alarm that goes off if the lid isn't closed all of the way or if the temp gets too high.
If the freezer is beyond repair and you plan to by a new one PM me I may know someone interested it buying it for a bug bin.

That's terrible. Sorry for your loss!

Show of hands - how many of us just ran out and checked our freezers?

I came home the other day and my house smelt funky, turns out SANCHO dropped by !!!!!!. Just kidding hahaha i just for got to take the trash out :D

I'm at Home Depot right now to look for a new one with an alarm but they don't have anything with one.

This is the freezer I have which I picked up from Sears http://www.sears.com/kenmore-elite-24.6-cu-ft-chest-freezer-white/p-04616582000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Randomshot said:
I had one that went out a few years back. My new one has a digital display and an audible alarm that goes off if the lid isn't closed all of the way or if the temp gets too high.
If the freezer is beyond repair and you plan to by a new one PM me I may know someone interested it buying it for a bug bin.

He can have it if he picks it up this weekend. I'm in OC. It 7 cu ft.

Lungpopper said:
Were you able to save anything?

Just a few small forky heads that I need to do the euro mount on. I put them in a bag and re froze them. They still smell like death. I lost about a deer and a half of meat. I have a two packages that were in the inside freezer, but everything in the garage was rank........

Man that is terrible! Sorry for your loss!

I've never had an issue with mine (knock on wood!) but I know two people who have incidents the past two years and lost their game. I'd imagine it's a terrible feeling! Hopefully since I am in my freezer every-other day I'd catch it soon enough if something were to go awry.

Two years ago I smelled something right as I walked out my backdoor. Went and looked at my freezer and knew right away something was wrong. My stepson unplugged it so they could plug in the radio while our family was playing dominoes in our outside patio..... Talk about being angry :mad:. Made him clean up the blood and toss the meat. The look on his face was priceless though.

That happened to me about 15 years ago. I had a deer, antelope and really big pig thaw out and start to stink up my garage. Nothing like it! Especially that SAUCE that leaked out onto my garage floor.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu