Frazier park?

Drake Dunn

Nov 28, 2016
Been doing a lot of scouting online/google maps. Not looking for exact spots. Any info will help, headed out there this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive 4x4'ed, hiked and hunted the area all my life, and my family had many hard earned honey holes from decades of hunting. I know the area very well. The past few years have been DRY. the vegetation is not there any more and most of the water has dried up even in the middle of winder and spring the streams just don't run like they used to. I'd never say don't go out into the mountains and have fun but don't expect to much. the best day now is worse then the worst day 10 years ago.

ive 4x4'ed, hiked and hunted the area all my life, and my family had many hard earned honey holes from decades of hunting. I know the area very well. The past few years have been DRY. the vegetation is not there any more and most of the water has dried up even in the middle of winder and spring the streams just don't run like they used to. I'd never say don't go out into the mountains and have fun but don't expect to much. the best day now is worse then the worst day 10 years ago.

Ouch... That's not exactly what I've wanted to hear hahah it's the closest place to me to hunt... Just haven't gotten out there cause I've been driving to Barstow area to hunt.
You got any pointers on where to go then? Just trying to not drive 3 hours to hunt 1 day

Its close to me as well that why i've always gone up that way.

The best pointers are the same for any area. Get as far back off the road as you can get. then get further. Ive always had 4x4's so i drive way off the pavement, then i hike way away from the dirt road.

look on google maps find the greenest areas and start there most if not all mountains have a cooler greener side and a hotter drier side. The area has lots of flat areas and lots of hard to hike steep areas guess where ive seen deer.

What are you hunting for on your next trip?

Are the OHV roads heavily used in this area? Or are they pretty open? My biggest worry is going out there to scout and having 30 people fly by me on dirt bikes/ATV/OHV

Frazier Park is a beautiful area....The drought has effected it like many other areas I'm sure.....I've hunted valley quail, mt. quail, band tailed pigeons, and deer here.....Mt. Pinos, Tecoya Ridge, Wheeler Ridge, and the Frazier park areas can all be hunted.....There is a lot of off roaders, but not where you actually hunt was our experience over the years.

Agreed. Mostly the offroders and a atvs stick to the flatter areas like washes. Just get out and hike. You’ll find something interesting or beautiful. Learn the area and see what’s out there.

Reactions: Drake Dunn

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu