Friday after Thanksgiving

Slayersmith

Aug 11, 2014
Got down to the Sea early Friday Morning, plan was to take out my 2 buddies and their kids in the afternoon. Set out the decoys and started to hunt about 8am, had a flight of about 10 teal come into the decoys, 1st shot dropped 3 then dropped another. I was stoked.4 teal.jpg

Went to the club in the afternoon to get my buddies and their kids, to find out they were smoking a roast beef on the smoker and couldn't go. So I ended up taking one of my buddies kids, they call him the Hammer and this kid can shoot. Hammer in the boat.JPG

Get to the blind and get set up and we have 2 gadwalls come in and sit down in the decoys out of nowhere. Hammer kills one I get the other.double gaddy.JPG Most fun I have had shooting with a 10 year old :)

Hammer with Gaddy's friday after TG.JPG
Took the Hammer and his Dad out on Saturday Morning, kid drops a teal 1st thing. We got 2 other teal on Saturday and got out to beat the traffic home.

Reactions: Big Jim
Good takes, weather looks too nice. Was there lot of wind that day?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Wind picked up pretty good Saturday afternoon, only saw a couple of flights of birds come in, after I picked up my stuff about the end of shoot time.

One more question, do you just go sit out in the sea in your boat and hunt or do you hunt the shore line?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

good to finally see pics of some dead ducks.
Love to see the kids shooting.

great job.
how was the condition of the sea?

Not sure what you mean by condition?

Sea keeps going down, it needs water bad. Tilapia are not reproducing due to the high salt content, going away like the corvina. More and more exposed playa.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu