Friends first duck hunt

dantheman

Jan 4, 2015
orange county
I love sharing my nutty sport of duck hunting with friends. My friend got drawn 49 for San j on 11-2, previously I've been giving him a gear list of some of the stuff he will want/need. it's been adding up lol. I tease him and tell him his wife is gonna make him Block my # haha. I tried to prep him for a slow trip with such a high rezzi and being a Wednesday, we got an island blind and I let him know it's a funny feeling walking through the mud in waders and he might fall a couple times, we'll he did and it was fun laughing about it. well horn went off and you could only see 10' in front of you the fog was so think until 8 30 or so, his first shot was a coot that flew overhead and he dropped it, he was bummed it was a coot but I was happy because I new he wasn't going home empty handed, once we could see a little better the teal started to fly, we saw a pair of drake teal come in and we both dropped them, he was pumped as was I, then 1 more hen teal decided to fly our way and I dropped her, I felt bad afterword thinking I should have sat down and let him shoot but he already had one in the bag for sure so now it was fair game lol. it totally died after that. so we packed up. we will see soon if the crazy duck hunting bug bit him or not.

.FB_IMG_1478272785522.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan,

Great way to get your buddy out.....Sounds like he had a fun time with the waterfowling life.....Wait till he gets into a great shoot.....lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu