FROM THE FIELD

Wind was definitely a factor today. Didnt see anything except one coyote all day. Heard a few shots. Ran into a couple guys who said their friend shot a forky. Talked with a lady in one of those green Fire trucks. She said she didnt validate anything the whole day. She also said she heard there were quite a few validations up in the Palomar district though. She also said Boulder Creek Rd was packed, but really quiet everywhere else. As I was leaving I went to scope an area Ill be at tomorrow and a doe crossed in front of me and a little further down the road another two does and a fawn.

I was stuck at home with the flu. No fun for me this weekend.

Great day minus the wind wife passed a small 2x1 in the am then missed a big forky at 325 down hill this eavning but she filled her g13 at 235 frontal shot amazing day.

Had a tremendous amout of sign but no players on my side, my hunting partner put a 7mm through a forky at last light, we tracked him for about 50 yds then decided to let him sit overnight, from what I could tell it looked like the shot wasn't perfect and he hit him in the stomach( judging by the bile and blood that we found). Back out in the morning to locate him and try and fill my tag.

D11 report. My brother and his friend Brian went out today. Brian ( forum member) missed a 2x2 and my brother saw a 2x3 .

Ended the morning seeing 3 coyotes,3 does and I shot a fork - with my camera HA ;D. Buddy of mine shot a fork (NOT THIS ONE). We de-boned it split it up and headed home.
Overall I had a great weekend,
Looking forward to more reports.

Attachments

• IMG_4433.JPG
    IMG_4433.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 340
It is funny how 1 day can make a difference. We knew those deer were in there yesterday!. Nice job LP.

Glad it wasn't just us yesterday! We easily glasses for 8+ hours yesterday and saw our first doe at 6:15 PM! This morning we saw a total of 5 bucks (2 forks, 2 spikes and a ?) and 10+ doe all in the same area we glasses the day before. Unfortunately the bucks we not what we were looking for.

By the way guys if anyone scores and has a hard time locating their deer I have a couple of good tracking dogs that can find wounded or downed deer. They can track with or without blood even if it's a few days since shot.

Matagi said:
By the way guys if anyone scores and has a hard time locating their deer I have a couple of good tracking dogs that can find wounded or downed deer. They can track with or without blood even if it's a few days since shot.

With that said - I would be more than happy to do the same with my Dieter. He is a tested tracking dog.

Just got in from an evening hunt. Switched up locations a bit. I sat on a game trail that was more like a game highway.......didn't see a dang thing. Thats alright though, I'd rather sit around wasting time in the woods than sitting around wasting time at home. I did hear two rifle shots at sunset. At least someone got something. The season is young.......

Great post Breacher! Way to be out there. I was out yesterday and did not go out today. I was hoping to see more action from our members but I think the warm East winds and the full moon may have impacted the hunt. Like you said -
The season is young.......

Captaintb said:
Had a tremendous amout of sign but no players on my side, my hunting partner put a 7mm through a forky at last light, we tracked him for about 50 yds then decided to let him sit overnight, from what I could tell it looked like the shot wasn't perfect and he hit him in the stomach( judging by the bile and blood that we found). Back out in the morning to locate him and try and fill my tag.
Found him and tagged em, critters didn't do too much damage.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu