FROM THE FIELD

I may post a picture of him later on, when I get a moment to upload pictures... He is 22" wide, grosses 122 1/8' and 116 1/4" net green... Pretty decent hybrid...

Graylight said:
I may post a picture of him later on, when I get a moment to upload pictures... He is 22" wide, grosses 122 1/8' and 116 1/4" net green... Pretty decent thybrid...

Sounds like another STUD of a buck. Did you film it?

We don't film local stuff... Too many keyboard hunters trying to figure out where you're hunting instead of doing the homework for themselves... I'm sure with the hybrids you have taken yourself, you get it...

Graylight said:
We don't film local stuff... Too many keyboard hunters trying to figure out where you're hunting instead of doing the homework for themselves... I'm sure with the hybrids you have taken yourself, you get it...

YUP I hear you.

Definitely not a huge deer, but after being skunked the first weekend, this was the first buck I saw this year, and wasn't going to pass it up.
I hiked about a total of 6 miles when I was almost back to the truck. I saw two deers coming out of the brush. This buck was nose down following a doe. I was on a trail and they should have seen me. They paralleled the trail I walked with them looking in my scope as they appeared and disappeared from the bushes. I was trying to look for legal antlers, and sighting in at the same time. I fired off a shot from about 100 yds, and it was a miss. I racked in another round, and the deer slowed to a walk, and then a kill shot. He mule kicked, and took off he went about 200feet. I had shot him through the heart. I was now aware of the shrinkage.
good looking deer. I prepped it and took it to Jim.
20122x2.jpg

Lungpopper said:
Seems to be a tough year for finding shooter bucks. Nice job

No doubt. I'm wondering if in the last 3 years of filling tags, I've used up all my luck as well.

Went out yesterday for an afternoon hunt. I had what sounded like 2 deer come in behind me in some brush. We couldn't see each other but they clearly winded me and bounded off. Only other deer I saw was a spike buck. My dad had a coyote at 60 yards but couldn't get a shot....

A-22 opens in a couple more weeks and I may be plugging a doe if given the oppurtunity....

It has been very tough weather the past two weeks. Getting warm then getting cooling down just long enough to make a difference then getting warm again. I think the weather has played a key role in the deer behavior this year.

It's hunting....

Weather has had to have an effect this year. Hoping that the cooler weather coming this weekend will help the deer to start moving as I have never had the skill
(or luck, lol) to find a bedded down buck.

perhaps a few days early....but giving it a shot this evening.....hopefully taking a shot this evening.

Went out yesterday evening. Didnt see anything and then just after shooting time ended I see a deer in a field but couldnt even make out what it was - it was too dark already. At least I saw some movement.

dano626 said:
Went out yesterday evening. Didnt see anything and then just after shooting time ended I see a deer in a field but couldnt even make out what it was - it was too dark already. At least I saw some movement.

That's my feelings too. Just seeing stuff makes it worth it!

Breacher said:
dano626 said:

That's my feelings too. Just seeing stuff makes it worth it!

Its funny cause I get all jacked up and then I just go ohhh no headgear. lol

Graylight said:

Lol I like that

3 bucks 9 does this morning, largest was about a 95" fork... No rut to speak of... Was 43 degrees this morning at 4500 ft. At work and thinking of being back in the field already lol...

1 Buck and 2 does this morning, had an eight thirty appointment. Not enough time to even consider breaking out the spotter to see what he was. This work thing sucks

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu