FROM THE FIELD

From yesterday I saw 1 spike about 12 does I passed on a cool looking 2 x3 very Chocolate in color and one little forky

Went out to a new spot last night, my buddy wound up seeing the first three deer of the season 2 does and a fork, which he killed.

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Quality picture guys and nice buck. By this time next year the only thing left of that buck will be his rack and that great picture so its always worth the extra few minutes to pose it, and clean it up . Great job.

BuckHunter said:
Quality picture guys and nice buck. By this time next year the only thing left of that buck will be his rack and that great picture so its always worth the extra few minutes to pose it, and clean it up . Great job.

I agree the picture and the rack will be the only thing left so they should be good pics. I don't have that many good pics of deer I have killed so now I try and get at least one good.

Ajsnack said:
Went out to a new spot last night, my buddy wound up seeing the first three deer of the season 2 does and a fork, which he killed.
Good job

Only seen 3 deer tonight, passed on a buck at 25 yds, would had bagged him if I had my bow.

Been hunting an area right next to some private property. There are a ton of deer about 300 yards away and they just seem to know that they cant be touched cause they stand up and play around with absolutely no fear. I sat and watched a big bodied buck with his doe. There were two other smaller bucks and another doe or two around them.

What was cool was watching the two small bucks creeping up to this doe and the big buck getting pissed off and chasing them away. It seemed almost as though they were doing it intentionally. I watched them for a good twenty minutes just playing around, praying that one of them would come all they way down onto the public land. It was really cool to watch, not so cool that Im still going home empty handed. This is starting to get really frustrating. lol

Went out today to try and fill my G13 tag. First deer i saw was a legal buck, tried to follow him for a bit but ran into some other hunters on the way and decided to let them have a crack at him. I was just gonna get a pic haha. Started heading back to the truck(let my guard down a little) my hunting partner said look there is a deer. He has tried to trick me like this before when there was no deer. This he was right a doe was out there, she was small. then a bigger doe was only a few yards away. When I changed position to shoot at the bigger doe the smaller one spooked and they both were gone without a trace! Still have tomorrow!!!

rough day but ended up seeing 8 doe. Loved the weather but I think the wind was too much. I'm going to switch things up tomorrow and go back to my first love... the bow.

In the field with Rusty & Skinny Hunter. We are hunting a prime spot. Will keep you all posted.

Attachments

• 20121118_062522.jpg
    20121118_062522.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 20121118_062509.jpg
    20121118_062509.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 13

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu