FROM THE FIELD

9 days since anybody has posted from the field. Guess the deer disappeared for the A22 guys.

I just posted a pretty exciting report about my late afternoon hunting experience where I met the contest winner and could not get within 90yrds of him so I sat still down wind for 3.5 hours and watched him as he walked back and forth in the trees across a small draw from me while inferior bucks chased does in circles below us on the edge of the meadow.But when I hit the post button it didn't post,it just blanked my screen out. So you get the short version. 4 bucks,7 does,and 1 pretty good shooter buck. So I took the next 4 days off in his honor. I may check in tomarrow.

If you are hunting the area I think you are, I may have seen the buck you are trying to get. He was 50 yards into an area we cannot hunt so we passed him up at 108 yards with a rifle two weeks ago.

Good luck Doug!

Heading out tomorrow afternoon to my usual spot with my dad. I hope the bowtech's get unleashed and are allowed to release some of their pent up aggression. Report to follow regardless of the outcome.

Breacher said:
Heading out tomorrow afternoon to my usual spot with my dad. I hope the bowtech's get unleashed and are allowed to release some of their pent up aggression. Report to follow regardless of the outcome.
Good Luck!!

I may have used up all my mojo on that bear. Didn't see a single deer. Tried lip squeaking a coyote in but he must have sensed there was a bowtech in the area and wanted nothing to do with it. I've filled 3 tags in the last 3 years so I won't complain but the local deer hunting has been rough for me this year. I got to spend some time with my dad so I'm good with it.

On another note, I brought last years buck and my bear from this year to an official CBH measurer. The bear rough scored at a hair over 20". Don't have a clue what the buck will score. I'll update with official score once he's done.

Back