G-10 Buck Down

A-5_Guy

Nov 4, 2014
Escondido
I guess one of the benefits of having you sh*t pushed in for 10 years is that you get to hunt on land otherwise off limits to other people. Not to mention, it's literally in our backyards.

I found this guy bedded down under a small tree when the fog lifted. I can't believe he was still there as I had a cough the whole morning and even took a nice pooh at sun up...

Anyways, hand rolled 25-06 Rem Berger VLD-H made short work of him.

He's broken off in 3 spots, so I guess he "should've been a 3x3", but I'll call him a forky.

We've already had 3 meals off of him so far.

.Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 5.08.42 PM.png IMG_3484.JPG Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 5.12.37 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that this weekend? I put 10 days into archery season on base and only have drawn 1 time for rifle the first weekend (bunch of BS If you ask me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that this weekend? I put 10 days into archery season on base and only have drawn 1 time for rifle the first weekend (bunch of BS If you ask me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it was opening morning of rifle season...

Sorry you haven't been successful.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu