Game processing SD county

Good evening,
I have beef I am going to cut soon. Was recommended a gal in Alpine by the name of Elaine under the name Country Smoke house. I cannot find anything on them or her. Does anyone have any insight ?. I guess she's busy during hunting season.
Any feedback would be great.
I would reccomend you contact Paul Schaner at 714 315 0403. He is not a processer he just puts them down and hauls them to the butcher. I used him to render both of the beef cows I did in the past. He was very selective about who he recommended for processing ( T& H was his go to) and I have not used him since T&H went away.

My last elk was done at tip top, only complaint too much fat in my grind.
Specialty meets I used in the past for elk no complaints.
I guess this year's elk I'll try Bisher's in Ramona.
I would double check that. IMO

Good evening,
I have beef I am going to cut soon. Was recommended a gal in Alpine by the name of Elaine under the name Country Smoke house. I cannot find anything on them or her. Does anyone have any insight ?. I guess she's busy during hunting season.
Any feedback would be great.
I believe Elaine learned under Owen of Owen's meats. He was a good butcher. If you find her number, I would like it.

I believe Elaine learned under Owen of Owen's meats. He was a good butcher. If you find her number, I would like it.
Yes I think I remember Elaine from Owens way back in the early 90's when her boss was working out of the Flynn springs area east of Crest. Someone please let us know if any of that still exists.

Thank you for the feedback. I have used Paul and Scott's out of Perris since T&H closed. I am on the fence with trying someone new without recent references.
I can share her contact information tomorrow.

Yes I think I remember Elaine from Owens way back in the early 90's when her boss was working out of the Flynn springs area east of Crest. Someone please let us know if any of that still exists.
A guy named Andy used to work for Owen. He has all of Owens equipment. Problem with Andy is he picks and chooses who he will cut meat for.

Reactions: TRICER
Just called Specialty Meats...Bob (owner) has brain cancer and they're down to 2 butchers...She wasn't sure if they'll be doing any wild game this year, but she did say to call later on this fall.

Just called Specialty Meats...Bob (owner) has brain cancer and they're down to 2 butchers...She wasn't sure if they'll be doing any wild game this year, but she did say to call later on this fall.

Wow. I'll be praying for their family.

It's always nice to walk in there and see all the work they do for 4H and other stuff.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Very sad to hear about Bob. We'll add him to our prayers. He processed a wild pig for me a couple of years ago and did a phenomenal job. FYI, Specialty Meats has an awesome deli too. Try the meat ball sandwich.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu