Game Recipes

teachanother

Jul 3, 2011
San Diego
I need more recipes!!!

My kids and I love to eat wild game but my wife hates the taste. As she is the cook at our house this can be a problem. Occasionally, I will bump into a recipe that she likes but its rare. She did like several of the recipes that you have listed on this site.

BTW- we haven't had too much success with the average wild game cook book because most of the recipes involve grease and my wife won't eat fried foods.

A Traeger smoker has revolutionized our menu, especially with turkeys and fish. (See pic attached) We are still struggling for other new ideas on game.

Here's an example - My favorite goose recipe:
Place the goose in a half gallon whiskey/bourbon marinade. Add orange and pineapple juice. Place in the refrigerator and allow 48 hours to soak.

After two days, remove the goose and let stand for 30 minutes. Now drink the marinade and throw the goose in the trash.

If any one has a better recipe for geese, venison or doves that my wife might like, I'm all ears.

Attachments

• Becca's '07 turkey 027.jpg
    Becca's '07 turkey 027.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 47
teachanother said:
- My favorite goose recipe:
Place the goose in a half gallon whiskey/bourbon marinade. Add orange and pineapple juice. Place in the refrigerator and allow 48 hours to soak.

After two days, remove the goose and let stand for 30 minutes. Now drink the marinade and throw the goose in the trash.

If any one has a better recipe for geese, venison or doves that my wife might like, I'm all ears.

LOL .................................... :D

Yea guys stay tuned you're going to love whats cooking behind the scenes.....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu