Gear

I now totally understand how the Spanglish phenomenon comes about! In your Brains race to get out the information it wants to convey to that other person... it reaches for and grabs the words which are shorter to say and convey the most amount of information! And also it's affected by familiarity with the languages. Someone slightly less familiar with the one... their brains will try to fill-in-the-gaps and holes in their repertoire with the other.

So your brain will want to flip-flop between the two languages since sometimes a word a phrase in the other language is more terse..or... it has a "sentido" to it that you don't quite have with the same word in the other language.

Reactions: Goyaałé
I have some tents for sale. I am a professional tattoo artist. I have had the honor of tattooing some military guys. I've done a lot of trades. I wish I could keep it all but my wife feels like I'm hoarding. Jajajjajajjajajajajajjaja and I am. I tend to over prep. AnywaysI have some one man Catoma IBNS tents no fly. And some Litefighter 2 man tents woodland camo . Complete with rain fly. They are all brand spanking new If anyone is interested shoot me a message.
Nice tents,

I've some family members that strictly speak spanglish. It's hilarious. Some of them butcher the shit out all three. Spanish, English, & Spanglish jajjajajjajajja!!

The one I thought was just plain Sad?

This one young dude was talking to me... but his accent made it sound like for sure he probably spoke Spanish in the home right?.. so then I'm all trying to be cool and flip the conversation over into Spanish... but then he looks back to me... and he's all "I don't speak Spanish, Eh!"

I thought to myself "How embarassing and sad is that! Why would you be speaking English with that accent then?" But then it dawned on me... it's because his parent were probably 1st Gen immigrants so that probably how he heard it being pronounced growing up.

I was once apprenticed to a guy from Argentina. They speak portuguese. His parents were English and Italian. When he would explain what needed to be done next it often came out in all four languages, english, spanish, italian and portuguese. Kind of a challenge.

I was once apprenticed to a guy from Argentina. They speak portuguese. His parents were English and Italian. When he would explain what needed to be done next it often came out in all four languages, english, spanish, italian and portuguese. Kind of a challenge.
Jajajjajajajjaja!! Sounds confusing

Tony,
The official language in Argentina is Spanish, probably within his family were Portuguese and Italian speakers, also if hhe used to live near the north east border, near Brasil, he was influenced even more by portuguese speaking people, personaly... i never understood people from Brasil, they speak very fast. It is nice to hear them though...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu