General spring javelina season starts Feb. 24; leftover tags still available

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Want to go big game hunting this spring but didn’t get drawn? The Arizona Game and Fish Department still has some leftover javelina tags that can be purchased at department offices.

Javelina hunts offer a springtime hunting experience unique to the desert Southwest. Stalking a herd of javelina can be challenging due to their keen sense of smell and hearing. If you are fortunate to harvest an animal, javelina meat can be barbequed, pit roasted, or processed into a variety of sausages.

The general javelina season begins Feb. 24 and runs through March 1.

To see a list of leftover javelina tags, visit www.azgfd.gov/draw and scroll down to the link for leftover permits under the 2012 spring hunt information.

Keep in mind that hunters must also have a 2012 hunting license in addition to their tag; visit www.azgfd.gov/eservices/licenses.shtml for license information, or stop by your local Game and Fish office in Phoenix, Mesa, Tucson, Flagstaff, Kingman, Pinetop or Yuma.

Attachments

• Javelina.JPG
    Javelina.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 33
Hey Fred - Speaking of your childhood antics. I encourage you to go to the Varmint category and post your childhood story about the interlude you had with a perceived rabid coyote! Pleeeeeaaase! ;D ;D

Nice!!! That is a great story. And remember Fred, someone special once said - "If you eat a little dirt every day, soon you will have eaten a lot of dirt".

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu