Georgia Whitetail

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Getting excited for my 8 day Georgia whitetail hunt. I have never been around whitey so a new experience is just my game. And speaking of @JustMyGame , he just put up my new tree stand this morning. His dad is in the background admiring the strategic placement.

My little .260 should be good medicine for this adventure.

20240818_103226.jpg

Nice @NBK. Stand hunting is so different from western spot and stalk but is exciting in its own unique way. I love being in my spot in the dark and watching the woods come alive with the morning light. It can be pretty wild to turn your head and see a deer that somehow slipped into mere yards from you without you knowing it was there. I shot two deer in Texas last year and both of them managed to just appear inside of 20 yards. 260 will be plenty.

Getting excited for my 8 day Georgia whitetail hunt. I have never been around whitey so a new experience is just my game. And speaking of @JustMyGame , he just put up my new tree stand this morning. His dad is in the background admiring the strategic placement.

My little .260 should be good medicine for this adventure.

View attachment 62723
I hunt GA every year in December with a bunch of buddies. Totally different than western hunting but sitting still in a stand is very peaceful until you see whitey. Then all the peace goes out the door and your heart starts racing!

Reactions: JPHunt44

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu