Get a load of this guy

Steve---Was that buck on MCC property? I was in Zone 20 yesterday at sunset. Saw you stop and glass that herd of does out in the field next to the trees. I was in those trees, 150 yards away from the deer. Two more does showed up---7 in total---and I watched until too dark to see. No bucks appeared. Met Janice as I was walking back to my car. Had a nice chat. No water, heat, lions---been a tough year. It was her impression that the rut had not even started in the area. She is not seeing any of the bucks nosing around the does. Does are all by themselves. Will try same area again on Tues when weather cools down. Should be in low 70's and cloudy then. Was 90 when I got there yesterday.

Steve---Was that buck on MCC property? I was in Zone 20 yesterday at sunset. Saw you stop and glass that herd of does out in the field next to the trees. I was in those trees, 150 yards away from the deer. Two more does showed up---7 in total---and I watched until too dark to see. No bucks appeared. Met Janice as I was walking back to my car. Had a nice chat. No water, heat, lions---been a tough year. It was her impression that the rut had not even started in the area. She is not seeing any of the bucks nosing around the does. Does are all by themselves. Will try same area again on Tues when weather cools down. Should be in low 70's and cloudy then. Was 90 when I got there yesterday.

Doc,

That buck was on an adjacent property...And the 1st time I've seen him...I've hunted with the owner...We'll see if he moves a little.

Did you see the buck near those does?...Mark (Mag 1) was looking at him as well...He's just a forky (picture).

Our deer have about a 3 month breeding season (one of the longest)...Does you see with yearlings are not ready yet...Hence, the long estrus period...IMO the majority of the does have been bred...The large herds of does are now only a few...Watched a spike chasing a pair of does yesterday...Some cooler and wet weather would've helped...And now we're getting a full moon this last week.

ps...The best 40 is now void of deer (1 doe & yearling left).

.IMG_0429.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu