Giant AZ buck dead! (See FULL Story on front page of site - link provided)

Re: giant AZ buck dead!

Nice work ! I expected nothing less from you AZ killers. Great buck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right on Jeff, that's a bomber! Go team Mathews!

Outstanding Jeff! I was expecting this sort of thing from you any day now. Wow great mass. He looks old in the pic. Whatta ya think on his age?

Wow!! That's an awesome buck! Congrrats to your dad and more success to you if you're still at it!

That is a heck of a nice buck Jeff. All the time you've been putting in has paid off. What's the measurement on the H1's?

Re: Giant AZ buck dead!

RIGHT ON JEFF! NICE SHOT! KEEPING THAT TAXIDERMIST BUSY

Invis man I think he's in the 6-7 range.He's got that roman nose,and not sure if it's an age thing but he doesn't have too much hair on the bridge of his nose..he's teeth were pretty worn as well.As for the measurements..just over 41" of MASS( smallest mass measurement was 4 7/8)..24" main beams,15" on the two's,around 10" on the 3's, 11 and 9 on the 4's. 2 1/2 eyeguards.22 1/2 inside spread..26 1/2 outside which of course doesn't count for score.. I have to thank my good hunting buddy JeffD. as he is the one who found this buck..The 1st day I saw him we bedded the bucks and got busted from 540 yards. The deer left on a trot and and at last sight had gone at least two miles.All of thinking we may not see these bucks again for a while I came back the next day looking anyway.I caught a glimpse of a couple good bucks but was unable to get some glass on them and my day was done.Making a move yesterday morning to an excellent vantage point I saw deer a 1000 yards even before getting behind the glass.After a quick peek through my Leica's I knew it was him.Jeffrey and watched them feed until 830 before bedding. I stalked to 50 yards and waited for an 1 1/2 for the bucks to get up rebed. the 29" wide 2x3 stepped out 1st so I drew my bow knowing the big boy would be right behind him,and when he stepped out at 53 or 54 yards I settled pin and punched the release..a 2 1/2 mi pack in 90 degree weather was an ass-kicker..

great story glad you got him, aren't the boys supposed to do the packing?

Great story Jeff. You make it look so easy, but I know it's not! Congrats!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: AWESOME BUCK!!!!!!!!!! He's huge! Congratz to u and ur father. Go Team Mathews! I liked that :D :D :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu