Girls Hunt Too...

BCox

Feb 19, 2015
Hey guys it's been a while since I have posted. My daughter and I got started during the first week of Turkey season this year. This would be her first time she would be hunting. We saw a bunch of Tom's the first day, with about 4 missed shots we called it a day. The next morning we set up in a different location and the Tom's REFUSED to come in. So, one lonely jake decided to come and play. Her first shot the next morning, we had a jake down. We just got back this Monday from her first Hog hunt up at Oakstone outfitters in Bradley, CA. She was asked previously to do a youth hunting show with Mike Rogers (Spurwing Media) and the answer was a quick YES! This whole adventure was being filmed. The first evening we saw a ton of signs, but no pigs. The second morning around 6:30 we saw a lone boar wandering by himself down the hillside adjacent to us. We took off down the hill to hopefully meet him at the valley. He beat us, we were 3/4 of the way down when we had to set up, and set up fast. He was on a mission. One shot from a 7mm-08 at about 80yds, the pig ran about 30yds and dropped. Weighed in at 201#. That is a feeling that a father can only dream about. Oh yea, she's only 12.
If you want a great hunt for turkey, upland, pigs, deer, elk, I strongly suggest taking a look at Oakstone Outfitters.

.Untitled attachment 00384.jpgIMG_3194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go DAD. I remember that feeling with my oldest. youngest is 10 and can't wait till she hits 12. Congrats to the young LADY. I can see her smile from here.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Showed the pic to my daughter as she is always the only girl when we hunt but she is proud to tell her friends that we went hunting. Great job on getting her into it. Mine is 20 now and with school and other commitments I am lucky to get a hunt in with her once or twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu