Going to dabble in a new zone this year. northern d15

Just dropped some traps with game cameras out there, will be interesting to see what shows up between now and tomorrow evening.
Do you think the flash from the game can might discourage animals from entering the trap? I am curious to see if they don’t mind the camera.

just pulled the traps and cam and nada, couple good pics of me and a gust of wind, lol. Will put the set out again next weekend and I should have a good 3-4 days where I can maintain it out there for more than 24 hours.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
If you captured images of nothing because of gust of wind (presumably moving vegetation), time to re-position where it's pointing, or... do some trimming in its FOV. Also try moving it up higher on the tree and shoving something behind it on the top half of the cam body to angle it down. And possibly go one click down on the sensitivity. That kind thing gets worse when the weather and air temperature gets even hotter.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I am using them on stakes, the trees are so overgrown with bushes around them I would have to tunnel in to get to the trunk. No sensitivity setting on these either but it does take quite a bit of movement to set them off. Nothing like game cam selfies.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu