Going to upland game hunting this Saturday and have some question need help.

Hotchkiss

Oct 19, 2011
Anaheim
Hi all:
I am going again for Quail hunting this coming Saturday and trying to find out a question that I could not get clear answer from DFG regulation. Could you guys provide me with a bit information or I should call and ask a Game warden?

Here is my question, I have saw many cotton tail rabbit at our hunting ground. I read the regulation that we are allow to use pistol to hunt rabbit. ( hunint ground not in Los Angeles county) . Reg said the bullet to hunt big game should be soft point and lead free. Can I use FMJ bullet to hunt the rabbit? I do not want to carry my 44 mag or 38 special to hunt rabbit. I wish to carry my 9mm to hunt rabbits. Am I allow to do that? I am going to carry the 10 rounds magzine only and I understand I can not use pistol to hunt small game birds but Coyote or rabbit only. Can anyone help please? Thanks

Ken

Just found the south coast DFG contact info and e-mail them the questions. Hope to hear back from them soon. Thanks

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu