Good day at the "V"

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Fishing/hunting for bass was not as good as it had been (2 weeks since I'd been on the lake), but the bite was consistent and many of the fish were of quality stature (over 3 lbs)...Always fun fishing with Jim Castner...:blush:

ps...Don't know if I've mentioned this, but having "Spot lock" on your trolling motor is a game changer.

.IMG_2242.JPGIMG_2244.JPGIMG_2234.JPGIMG_2239.JPG

Looks like a fun day of picking on the bucket mouths.
Steve, any idea if there is a spot lock trolling motor available for big boats? I’d like to put something like that on my skipjack and not have to anchor

Looks like a fun day of picking on the bucket mouths.
Steve, any idea if there is a spot lock trolling motor available for big boats? I’d like to put something like that on my skipjack and not have to anchor

Bob,

There's a number of long shafted trolling motors...MotorGuide, Min Kota Riptide, Lowrance, all can be bought with "Spot lock"...Most seemed to be in the 55 lbs of thrust...That may not be enough in the ocean...Also, the length of the shaft is a factor on a high bow like yours...Pricey, but well worth the money IMO

Reactions: Nuevo
Bob,

There's a number of long shafted trolling motors...MotorGuide, Min Kota Riptide, Lowrance, all can be bought with "Spot lock"...Most seemed to be in the 55 lbs of thrust...That may not be enough in the ocean...Also, the length of the shaft is a factor on a high bow like yours...Pricey, but well worth the money IMO

Definitely pricey, but might be worth saving up for. That would sure make it easier fishing around kelp beds and rocks, or staying over structure.

Reactions: ilovesprig
there are some nice fish being caught out there, in this warm weather, they love the grass, water is falling fast tho.

great report ,
thx

bff,

Falling fast is an understatement...At least San V is a 100' higher than it used to be...So, lots of deep structure and brush.

ps...Boy, the quagga muscles are thick...6 lb Maxima...Love it.... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu