Good times are just around the corner...

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
I thought these pics were cool. I love waterfowl hunting.

First pic is like being home. The approach is always the most exciting! The second photo is just a factory. Gotta' love it!

Attachments

• Waterfowl1.jpg
    Waterfowl1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 154
  • waterfowl2.jpg
    waterfowl2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 151
Look like fun John. Can you point a noob in the right direction? How do I get started in water-fowling in San Diego?

here is a good way you can learn about duck hunting in SoCal. Go out to SJ refuge to help brush up the blinds. You can meet the refuge manager and some of the refuge rats that hunt there a lot.
sj-brush-up-2014_zps4b16bdf1.png

Awesome pics.........Thanks for sharing.......... ;D

Can you see the other 3 waterfowl species in the bottom picture besides the mallards and pintail?

Actually there is at least 6 different duck species in the picture and I believe a goose too.

He got 2 out of 3...

Canada geese are the big game of birds! There is nothing like a flight of Canadas making a final approach into the set. I get excited just thinking about it.

NBK said:
Canada geese are the big game of birds! There is nothing like a flight of Canadas making a final approach into the set. I get excited just thinking about it.

I'm sure its fun. But ever see a shoulder mount of a honker? :p

There is a shoulder mounted mallard at the shop. Obviously you are not paying attention! ;D ;D ;D

OK.......You got me.......I see the honker, widgeon, Ringnecks, and maybe a hen or drake blue bill.......Don't see a gadwall or can, if he had 2 out of 3....... :-\

After looking at it again, you may be right about the gaddy.

Here are a few more cool pictures I have taken of past hunts. The last pic shows some pretty good exhaust (notice the spent shell in the air). Can't wait!

Attachments

• Copy of P1000766.JPG
    Copy of P1000766.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 72
  • P1000841.JPG
    P1000841.JPG
    562.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Tues.JPG
    Tues.JPG
    588.5 KB · Views: 14
Aeon said:
here is a good way you can learn about duck hunting in SoCal. Go out to SJ refuge to help brush up the blinds. You can meet the refuge manager and some of the refuge rats that hunt there a lot.
sj-brush-up-2014_zps4b16bdf1.png

Bump.......Been saving the palm froms........Actually went out a couple weeks back.......The place is looking good.

Added some cover to E-1.......Lots of mallard production....... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_7934.JPG
    IMG_7934.JPG
    367.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7955.JPG
    IMG_7955.JPG
    574.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7949.JPG
    IMG_7949.JPG
    564 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7942.JPG
    IMG_7942.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7928.JPG
    IMG_7928.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 11

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu