Good week-end scouting & shooting

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Started early Saturday morning with Otto going like a bat out of hell to each known roost for turkeys...Grey light and peak gobbling only last for maybe an hour...The 1st roost was pretty easy with the peacock call because peacocks instantly called back...Setting off the gobblers...The next 3 spots nothing (& I know they're there)...4th spot, I got the hens going with a box after failing with the crow & peacock...The gobblers responded accordingly...By now, it was time for fly down and we caught a big gobbler in the act...This boy gobbled his fool head off trying to assemble his hens...Saw a few more birds, but lock jaw was the order of the day despite visuals on gobblers...It could be the 23 degree weather (big storm this week too)...Overall, good morning of scouting....:grinning:

Lots of deer seen, as stated in another post...Fawn production and survival rate should be good...Now, if we could only get a fire or three to clear some of this jungle out in our back country....o_O

Lastly on Saturday, Otto and I hit Will Valley Pond for some bass fishing...Cold as hell, but I managed the 1st bass of the year on a Senko...A little while later, Otto got his 1st bass of the year...I love bass fishing... :heart:

Today, Dr. Jack asked if I wanted to go to the Greenhead Club for the end of the year chukar and pheasant shoot...Always fun and great eats...Coley got in a lot of work and pointed on the 1st pheasant (He actually caught 3 others)...He's ready for Montana next fall and them "Wild" birds"......;)

Great couple of days here in SoCal....:sun:

IMG_0213.JPGIMG_0216.JPGIMG_0217.JPGIMG_0225.JPGIMG_0238.JPGIMG_0256.JPGIMG_8992.JPGIMG_8995.JPGIMG_9009.JPGIMG_9018 - frame at 0m19s.jpgIMG_9026.JPG

Matty,

I think the "Golden State" has been pretty good to both of us...And, despite the tree hugging, anti everything, libtard dems that run it.......:imp:
Truth Steve . no doubt!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu